Friends Fighting Cancer Guidelines
Alignment With Mission
The Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center’s (FNCCC) mission is to support Dartmouth and Dartmouth Hitchcock's Norris Cotton Cancer Center by raising funds for cancer research and patient support services, by increasing awareness of our NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, and by acting as ambassadors for the Cancer Center and the communities it serves.
- Fundraisers must be registered with FNCCC using our online Fundraiser Registration Form. Recurring fundraisers must be registered annually.
- Fundraisers should complement FNCCC's image and mission.
- FNCCC must not be represented as the host of your event. It is appropriate to reference the fundraisers relationship to FNCCC in the following matter, "Name of Event, benefiting Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center (FNCCC)."
- FNCCC will not assume any legal or financial liability for third-party fundraisers. Fundraiser organizers are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits, licenses, and/or insurance.
- Please submit a budget with estimated revenues and expenses for your fundraiser. FNCCC reserves the right to review and modify your budget. The New Hampshire Better Business Bureau recommends that charities spend no more than 30% of charitable contributions on fundraising. FNCCC will not approve any fundraising event where the fund-raising costs exceed 30% of total income.
- Fundraisers must comply with all federal, state and local laws governing charitable fundraising, gift reporting, and special events. Donors must be notified regarding which portion of their contribution is tax deductible, and determinations must be made based on fair market value of all tickets and/or items. Please contact FNCCC with questions or for more information.
- FNCCC must approve, in advance, all copy for print materials using the “FNCCC” or “Friends Fighting Cancer” brand, including invitations, advertisements, press releases, and posters. Our name and logos must not be altered or shortened, other than to use the acronym "FNCCC" after first referring to "Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center."
- Please notify FNCCC staff if you plan to contact businesses, individuals, or organizations for sponsorship proposals. Please be prepared to provide FNCCC with a list of organizations that you plan to approach, so that we can be sure that they have not already been solicited for a donation by FNCCC.
- By agreeing to these guidelines you give full permission for the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and its components to use your name, photograph, and any video footage of you in connection with this fundraiser.
Support FNCCC Can Provide
- Advice on fundraiser planning
- A letter of authenticity for your event
- Friends Fighting Cancer Logo (use must be approved by FNCCC staff)
- Information about FNCCC, including funding priorities
- Promotion of your fundraiser on our website and social media
- An event toolkit and electronic templates
Support FNCCC is Unable to Provide
- On-site staffing and volunteers
- Insurance coverage
- Funding or expense reimbursement
- Mailing lists
- Advertising and promotion outside of our web page
- Product endorsements
- Our tax ID number for your use