Important Prouty Rowing Update (July 11, 2023):
We wanted to share an important update regarding our Prouty Rowing event after the terrible rain that has hit the region in the last few days. Our thoughts are with all the people in the communities that were impacted.
Our Prouty Team is working hard to produce the best possible experience for our Prouty Community this weekend, but we've made the difficult decision to cancel our Prouty Rowing event this Saturday. Safety is our top priority. We appreciate everyone's understanding with this decision, and we hope to host an informal Prouty Row on another date this summer.
We hope all Prouty Rowers will join us this Saturday, July 15, 2023, as a walker or cyclist!
- Bike routes available: 20-mile, 35-mile, 50-mile, 77-mile, 100-mile, or 50-mile hybrid gravel
- Walk routes available: Audrey's 3k Family Walk, Residential 7k, or Residential 10k
You can simply choose your new participation type (walk or cycle) when you check-in at the RMS gym simply tell the registration volunteer checking you in.
And don't miss our Prouty Opening Ceremony at RMS on Saturday morning!
- 6:00 am: 100- and 77-mile Cyclists
- 8:00 am: Gravel Riders, 50- and 35-mile Cyclists
- 10:00 am: All Walkers and 20-mile Cyclists
We also wanted to include our current updates for our Ultimate, Bike, Walk and Golf events:
- Ultimate: the Friday route in Vermont was heavily impacted and we will not be able to ride the route as planned. We are working on a new route, and if we are able to secure approvals and support needed for the route, we will let registered Ultimates know as soon as it is finalized.
- Bike: we checked our Saturday cycling routes this morning and we are excited to share that we will be able to offer all routes to ride as planned, including our gravel ride.
- Walk: all of our walk routes are all able to take place as planned.
- Golf: our Prouty Golf is scheduled to take place as planned at Eastman Golf Links on Saturday.
We know that this rowing news is disappointing and we appreciate your flexibility. We hope you will join us on Saturday to walk or cycle. If you have any questions, or need to speak to us about your participation, please reach out to us at Info@TheProuty.org or (603) 646-5500. Thank you for your support and commitment to The Prouty and the Dartmouth Cancer Center!
Welcome to Prouty: ROW! The Prouty Row takes place on the beautiful Connecticut River and will launch from the Kendal Riverfront Park rowing docks at 84 Lyme Road, Hanover, NH. Prouty Row is not timed, nor is it considered a "race." You can choose your own distance: 5, 10, or up to 15 miles, in an "out and back" format. Mile buoys mark the distances.
Prouty Row takes place on Saturday, July 15 in Hanover, NH.
|REGISTER FOR THE PROUTY: ROW|
Registration Fee: $0
Fundraising Minimums: $150 (adult 19+), $50 (youth 13-18 & student)
Benefits: T-Shirt and post-event Prouty Party
5, 10 or 15 miles
Out and back format
Route Maps & Details
Check out the links below for information about your chosen distance.
There are two land-based stop-and-go (SAG) stops:
The first SAG is at the start/finish area. The second SAG is located at the half-way point in Lyme, NH (around 7.5 miles) where there is a dock and slings for your boat. It is equipped with food, water, Port-o-Johns, Gatorade, sunscreen, band-aids, and basic tools.
There are three motorized Prouty Safety Launches on the river which can provide water, snacks, tools and medical supplies.
All rowers must provide their own rowing shell. The Kendal Riverfront Park site will be open for trailer and boat drop-off and parking from 4:00-7:00pm on Friday, July 14, and beginning at 6:30am on Saturday, July 15. On Saturday morning, the dock opens for the first launch immediately following the opening ceremony launch at approximately 7:15am.
While launch times are not assigned, all boats must check-in/out with the Kendal Riverfront Dock Master. This also applies to team boats that launch from the Dartmouth College Boathouse. All rowers must be off the river by 1pm.
After your row, join us at the Richmond Middle School, where you can enjoy the all-day Prouty Party with other participants. (The Richmond Middle School is walking distance from Kendal Riverfront Park.)