Donations can be made online or checks can be mailed to:
D-H/Geisel Office of Gift Recording
One Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03756
Please make checks payable to:
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a header to see questions within that category.
What are the In-Person Prouty participation options this year?
- Golf – Friday, July 9 at Eastman Golf Links in Grantham, NH
- Cycle – Saturday, July 10 for a 20-mile ride in Hanover, NH (Start/finish: Dewey Field Lot)
- Walk – Sunday, July 11 for a 5k residential walk in Hanover, NH (Start/finish: Dewey Field Lot)
How will in-person participants be selected given limited capacity?
- In-person participation sign-ups will open to pre-registered participants first. Pre-registered participants will receive an email with a survey and will need to opt-in to participate in-person, and share who they will be participating in-person with. Fundraising minimums will be applied for each participation type ($150 for bike and walk, $250 for golf) and will need to be reached by June 30, 2021.
Can I participate in multiple In-Person Prouty components/events?
- At this time, participants will be allowed to participate in one in-person component of The Prouty and will need to select one when completing the opt-in participation form. If space allows closer to the event, we will open up opportunities to participate in multiple in-person components accordingly.
What are the fundraising minimums and deadlines for the In-Person Prouty?
- Given space requirements and limitations, fundraising minimums need to be met by June 30. If minimums are not met, in-person slots will be made available to interested participants who have met fundraising minimums on July 1.
Will we be gathering at Richmond Middle School this year for The Prouty?
- No. There will be no Prouty activities at Richmond Middle School in 2021.
What are the health and safety protocols for the In-Person Prouty?
- To maintain the safety and well-being of our community, The Prouty is asking for everyone's compliance with the following protocols outlined below:
- Masks will be mandatory at all times (Hanover Town Ordinance), regardless of vaccination status, at The Prouty start/finish locations, SAG stops, and whenever physical distancing (6 ft.) is not possible.
- A health questionnaire will be required to be filled out by each participant and volunteer within 24-hours prior to participating/volunteering.
- It is strongly recommended that all participants and volunteers be fully vaccinated before attending The Prouty.
- Those participants and volunteers who are not fully vaccinated are required to quarantine as outlined in our current travel policy (see details below).
- Participants will be assigned a start time with a small group (currently 9 people max) to participate to meet capacity restrictions. Space will be limited. Pre-registration is required and on-site registration will not be available.
- Travel requirements for individuals who are not fully vaccinated or are traveling from outside of New England:
- If traveling from within New England (i.e., New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island), upon arrival, individuals do not need to quarantine prior to participating or volunteering in The Prouty.
- If traveling from outside of New England or internationally, upon arrival, individuals must quarantine 10 days prior to participating or volunteering in The Prouty. Individuals may shorten their local 10-day quarantine by taking a PCR-based (molecular) COVID-19 test six or more days after returning to the Upper Valley. If their test result is negative and they continue to be symptom free, they may participate/volunteer in The Prouty after seven days have passed since they arrived in the Upper Valley.
- Protocols and restrictions will continue to be reviewed as COVID guidelines evolve. Personal responsibilities will be communicated to participants and volunteers prior to the event via email and event website updates.
Can I participate in the 20 mile ride or 5k walk multiple times on the same day?
- No. We kindly ask that if you select participating in our 20 mile or 5k event, you only complete the loop one time. We need to keep participants spaced out and physically distant in order to meet the requirements of local jurisdictions.
Can I make my own course from Dewey Field Lot on Saturday, July 10 or Sunday, July 11?
- No. We kindly ask that if you are participating virtually and creating your own route, please do not start or finish at Dewey Field Lot. We need to keep participants spaced out and physically distant in order to meet the requirements of local jurisdictions.
Can I volunteer for the In-Person Prouty?
- Thank you for your Prouty spirit! In an effort to follow local health and enhanced safety guidelines, we will have fewer volunteer opportunities available than usual this year and will be in touch with past Prouty volunteers as those opportunities arise.
Why are the Ultimate, Rowing, and other route options not available this year?
- Ongoing capacity constraints and health and safety guidelines necessitated by the pandemic prevent us from opening other traditional Prouty participation options for 2021. The timing to plan for the event, permits and approvals from cities, states, and towns, and the support needed to execute the event presented challenges given the pandemic. Instead we focused on what we can put together safely given the pandemic.
What is a Virtual Prouty?
- The Virtual Prouty allows you to do The Prouty anywhere, anyway, anytime! In honor of the 40th Annual Prouty, the Virtual Prouty will run for 40 days between June 1 and July 10. We will produce an enhanced virtual event in 2021 which will include a ceremony broadcast, Prouty Gear Rewards with Curbside Pick-up, a virtual wall of honor, and much more to raise vital funds for The Friends of the Norris Cotton Cancer Center.
Can I follow a Prouty route if I'm participating Virtually?
- Yes, but please be mindful of physical distancing! Many of our bike and walk routes are popular destinations year-round. We do not want them to become overcrowded and put anyone at risk while doing the Virtual Prouty.
Will I receive a banner in the mail?
- Banners will be available at Curbside Pick-up. We have also created electronic Virtual Banners and Virtual Bibs that will serve the same purpose download yours by clicking on the image below:
How do I send in my Virtual picture?
- When you complete your Virtual event, please take a picture and send a high-resolution version of it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Print off a Virtual Banner *Coming Soon* here to show in your photo.
Are there registration fees and fundraising requirements?
- There will be no registration fees for the Virtual Prouty this year, only for the Virtual Prouty Ultimate and In-Person Prouty participation. In order to earn ProutyGear Rewards (including t-shirts!), all participants must meet the applicable fundraising levels outlined on the ProutyGear Rewards page.
Will I receive a t-shirt?
- If you reach the first fundraising milestone of $150+ ($50 for youth 18 and under), as outlined on the Prouty Gear Rewards page, you will receive a t-shirt.
Can I still be an Ulti-mate for the 2021 Virtual Prouty Ultimate?
- No, we will not be having Ulti-Mates for the Virtual Prouty Ultimate because we have already reduced the Fundraising Minimum to $1,500.
As a Virtual Prouty Ultimate, will I still receive a complimentary bike jersey?
- Yes, bike jerseys are included in our new Prouty Gear Rewards. As an Ultimate, you'll receive the Ultimate jersey instead of the standard one. Look for information about ordering additional kit items in early spring!
Can my Family Team also join a General Team?
- Unfortunately, no. Our new registration system does not allow you to join both a Family Team and a General Team. You can find out more information on teams here.
Do I need to add all of my family members at the same time?
- Family members can be added at any time during/or after your registration process.
Can I join a team after I have registered?
- Yes, you can do this in your Participant Center. Please log in and navigate to your Participant Center. Click "Profile", followed by "Event Options", here you can join a team. If you wish to start a new team after registering as an individual, please email email@example.com or call 1-800-226-8744.
Can some of my family sign up for the Virtual Ultimate and some sign up for The Virtual Prouty?
- Yes, each family member can sign up for different events or the same event by selecting the appropriate registration type and event on the registration form.
Where do I, or my friends, send donations or sponsorship checks?
- Send checks to: D-H/Geisel Office of Development, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756. Make checks payable to D-HH/The Prouty. The name of the person sponsored should be written in the memo line of the check, or in a note accompanying the check. Click here to download the offline donation form.
Who should the check be made out to?
- Make checks payable to D-HH/The Prouty. The name of the person sponsored should be written in the memo line of the check, or in a note accompanying the check.
What if I have cash donations?
- As The Prouty staff are currently working from home, we cannot directly accept cash donations. You can get a cashier’s check or money order for these donations. If you are collecting cash from your donors make sure to get their addresses so they can be sent an acknowledgment of their gift. Contact our offices (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be sent a contribution form to keep track of donation information.
Can I write a check for all of the cash donations that I have collected?
- Yes, BUT: if you do this you will be the one getting the tax recognition and not the donors. This is a government regulation that we cannot change. We suggest that you note the names and addresses of the individual donors, then each of the individual donors will receive a thank you and we can credit them with the donation on your donor honor roll.
For donation and tax purposes, what town is the official location for The Prouty?
- The official “city” for Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center is Lebanon, NH, with a zip code of 03756.
How do I find the URL for my personal page?
- Log in to TheProuty.org. Click the "Participant Center" button and then scroll down to the "Personal Page" section. Here you can find the URL to your personal page. You can even customize your URL by clicking the green URL Settings button to the right.
How do I edit my personal page?
- Log in to TheProuty.org. Click the "Participant Center" button and scroll down to the "Personal Page" section. Here you can edit your text and add a personal photo!
I have registered as an individual, how do I join a team?
- Log in to TheProuty.org. Click the "Participant Center" button and then click the "Profile" button followed by the "Event Options" button - here you can join a team. If you wish to start a new team after registering as an individual please email email@example.com or call 1-800-226-8744.
How do I change my fundraising goal on my personal page?
- Log in to TheProuty.org. Click the "Participant Center" button and you will see the "Your Fundraising Progress" section at the top of the page, click the green button to the right, just above your thermometer to edit your goal amount. Enter the new amount and hit save.