Starting or joining a team is the best way to experience The Prouty™. The saying that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts is especially true with teams. Members inspire each other to do the best they can. Teammates can train together (practice physical distancing!), swap stories, strategize about fundraising, help each other through the tough times, and celebrate the victories.
How to lead a team in The Prouty
Important Information About TEAMS
- There are three team divisions: Team, Family Team, GLO Team.
- A participant can only register as a member of one team.
- Minimums will be waived for virtual Prouty participants in 2021, except for Ultimate riders. Each Ultimate is responsible for raising his or her own fundraising minimum.
- 2 or more participants can form a team.
- There is no limit to the number of people on a team.
- Teams work together to reach an overall team goal.
- Each team member is responsible for reaching his or her own individual fundraising goal.
- Families may register as a family team.
- Family teams have a cumulative fundraising goal.
GLO Teams (Greek Life Organizations)
- Current students, or alumni, who are members of a Dartmouth Greek Life Organization may join a GLO team.
Build Your Team
- Register to start a team (automatically becoming its team captain) and complete your online registration for this year's event.
- Email all of your friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. to let them know that you've created a Prouty team and invite them to register and join your team— make sure you tell them your team name!
- Leverage your Participant Center. Once you are logged in, you can customize your team’s fundraising page with a photo and story as well as send emails to others inviting them to join your team. Visit our Fundraising Tools page for more information about the tools available to you.
Prouty Prizes for Teams
We are excited to offer the following awards to the extraordinary teams that go above and beyond to support the 40th Annual Prouty!
- Most Team Members: The team with the most members will have the honor of having its name engraved on a permanent plaque that hangs in the Cancer Center.
- Most NEW Team Members: The team with the most NEW-to-the-Prouty members will receive a delicious pizza dinner for the entire team (if possible!).
- Team Fundraiser Awards: The team raising the most amount of money in each of the following size categories will have its name engraved on a permanent plaque that hangs in the Cancer Center:
- More than 200 members (XXL)
- 100-200 members (XL)
- 50-99 members (L)
- 20-49 members (M)
- 2-19 members (S)
- The Dartmouth Prouty Cup: The Dartmouth Prouty Cup is made possible by a generous gift from Barbara and Jay Rosenfield (D ’49) and is presented to the Dartmouth-affiliated employee team that raises the most money.
- The captain must be an employee of Dartmouth College, any of the Dartmouth graduate schools, or Dartmouth-Hitchcock (DH).
- At least 50% of the team must be Dartmouth/DH employees (families and friends are welcome, but only employees count toward the 50%).
- Teams must signal their intention to vie for the cup by emailing email@example.com by July 1.