Team Tennis to SMASH Cancer Goes Virtual!
Join Us! Due to COVID-19 we can’t hold our annual Team Tennis to Smash Cancer Tournament in-person, but we still want to serve up some fun for you, our tennis friends, and raise important funds for the Dartmouth & Dartmouth Hitchcock's Norris Cotton Cancer Center.
We challenge you to help us SMASH CANCER virtually this year, and look forward to being back together on the courts again in 2022!
How do you play tennis virtually?
The short answer - however you want! But, we do have some fun suggestions:
- Bounce a Ball to SMASH Cancer Social Media Challenge: Create a video to share on social media (use any platform or email/text it out!), explaining who you are, why you’re SMASHING Cancer and challenging others to do the same. The act of bouncing the ball while speaking is a challenge in itself! Follow our script or make your own!
- Play a round of tennis: Send us a picture or video of you in action or tag us on Facebook. As always, costumes are strongly encouraged.
- Get creative! Play your way — a round in the snow, volley with your basement wall, juggle your tennis balls, make a tennis racquet tower! The sky is the limit!
Register now, set up your personal page, and start fundraising! Get creative and, most importantly, have FUN! There is no registration fee or fundraising minimum to participate in this virtual fundraiser. There’s no better time to get involved — cancer hasn't stopped and neither will we. Help make a difference today for cancer patients and their families.
Players who register and raise at least $100 will have their registration fee waived when our event is back in-person again — we’re looking at you 2022!
We have a new match in 2021 from the ever-generous Jack & Dorothy Byrne Foundation. Make sure to tell your donors!
- For every donation under $1,000, the gift will be matched dollar for dollar.
- For every donation of $1,000 and up (no limit), the gift will be matched two for one.
So, if you get a donation of $250, you will receive a match of $250. If you get a donation of $1,000, you will receive a match of $2,000.
Top Fundraisers1 - Amalia Myers ($4,382.00)
2 - Cheryl Boghosian ($3,370.00)
3 - Joan Holcombe ($2,690.00)
4 - Brittany Li ($2,550.00)
5 - Janet Simmons ($1,400.00)
6 - Susan Valence ($1,300.00)
7 - Karen Seltzer ($1,300.00)
8 - Judith Csatari ($1,150.00)
9 - MARY Reynolds ($550.00)
10 - Lori Siegel ($500.00)
A huge thank you to all of our amazing participants and donors, as well as the Couch Family Foundation and all of our 2021 corporate sponsors for supporting FNCCC and Team Tennis to Smash Cancer. Be sure to visit them and thank them for their support.