After having to cancel the 2020 CHaD Storybook Ball due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we hope to once again hold the CHaD Storybook Ball in the fall of 2021. We will post event details and plans as they are confirmed.
CHaD Community Fundraising
Our programs make CHaD as unique as the 95,000 kids we serve each year. We need you to help sustain them both.
COVID-19 has changed the way we fundraise. In March of 2020, the CHaD Battle of the Badges hockey game was played without an audience, the impact of which was a loss of $60,000 for our young patients. We experienced significant fundraising shortfalls in 2020 due to the pandemic. In addition to providing pediatric COVID-19 care, our needs are increasing, particularly around family support and our programming for victims of abuse. We are grateful for community support in all forms. Additional information on the impact of CHaD community fundraising is available here.
- Keith Loud, MD, MSc, Physician-in-Chief at CHaD discusses COVID-19 prevention recommendations for kids, the use of telehealth technology for CHaD visits, and when to call your pediatrician.
- CHaD Child Life Specialists provide tips for talking with your children about COVID-19.
- Heather Wolfe, MPH, RDN, LD, CHC, shares tips on how to turn the kitchen into a classroom.
- Shiri Macri MA, LCMHC, provides tips for balancing family life when working and studying under one roof.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health has launched a virtual webinar series to help manage stress and anxiety amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For the latest updates on COVID-19 from D-HH, visit https://www.dartmouth-hitchcock.org/patient-education/coronavirus.html or call 603-650-1818.