How The Prouty Helps
Cancer touches everyone. When you fundraise for The Prouty, you support cutting-edge research for new treatments and cures. You help provide exceptional care and services for patients and their families. And you help Dartmouth Cancer Center get closer to ending cancer once and for all.
RESEARCH: Science saves lives.
Research is essential for any breakthroughs in the prevention and treatment of cancer. It also takes a tremendous amount of resources. Funds raised by the Prouty community make vital research possible by providing seed funding to innovative researchers who have dedicated their lives to discovering new and better ways to treat cancer.
On average, every $1 the Prouty invests in research leads to $7 in additional funding from other sources!
PATIENT EXPERIENCE: Care Beyond Just Cancer Treatment
At Dartmouth Cancer Center, we don’t treat a disease, we treat a whole person. It begins with state-of-the-art facilities and compassionate physicians, and continues with exceptional patient and family support services. There’s a reason our patients consistently rank us in the top 1% of regional cancer centers. Find out more about Patient Care at Dartmouth Cancer Center.
Each year, The Prouty helps fund more than 27,000 instances of meaningful support services for patients and families—free of charge. Learn more about Dartmouth Cancer Center’s Patient & Family Support Services.
ABOUT DARTMOUTH CANCER CENTER:
In the fifty years since its opening, Dartmouth Cancer Center has become a leader in cancer care and research. As the only rural NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the country, the Cancer Center brings big-city care to all of the communities it serves throughout the Northeast, along with an outstanding staff and an exceptional patient experience. Learn More about Dartmouth Cancer Center.
- Precision Cancer Prevention Research and Innovation: Watch the Video
- Dartmouth Cancer Center announces Complementary Care Program
- Our Health System Has a New Name
- Where Do Prouty Donations Go? The 40th Annual Prouty in Action
- The Cancer Center Continues to be Nationally Recognized for Excellence in Patient Experience
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Updates and Recommendations
- Landmark Advancements in Radiation Oncology Technology
- Treating Deadly Breast Cancer with a Plant Virus-based Immunotherapy
- Breaking Down Rural Barriers to Early Lung Cancer Screening
- Approaching Serious Illness Conversations
- New NCI Research Grant Will Contribute to Improving Equity in Cancer Care
- Accelerating Innovations for Cancer
- Supporting Breast Cancer Recovery with Science