- Don’t be afraid to ask: Remember, you are not paying to go on a motorcycle ride, you are raising money to help cure cancer! Funds raised by this event go towards early stage research that wouldn’t be funded any other way!
- Set a goal and share it with others: Honor someone by sharing his or her story (make sure to get permission first). Create a sense of community spirit by encouraging a shared goal of beating cancer together.
- Set up Facebook Fundraising: Connect your personal fundraising page to your Facebook page in just a few steps. Click here for step by step instructions.
- The most effective tool is a personal call or contact: You can knock on doors, send emails, texts, or letters, or use social media to spread the word! Set up a bake sale or hand out information in a popular spot. Be creative!
- Make sure to thank your donors: a little note goes a long way, and may help if you approach the same people year after year.
- Remind donors that all contributions are tax deductible. The tax ID is 26-4812335. Include this in all your solicitations.
Raise $125 Easily!
- Contribute $15 to yourself = $15
- Get two co-workers to contribute $10 each = $20
- Ask four family members for $15 each = $60
- Request two friends to contribute $15 each = $30
- You've met you goal! $125
Do you have donor who would prefer to donate offline? Click here to download a paper donation form.