CHaD HERO Teams
A majority of CHaD HEROES are part of a team and a majority of the funds raised at the CHaD HERO are raised by participants on teams. Below you'll find what it means to be a part of a CHaD HERO team, how to start a team, how to bring back your team as a returning captain, and Teams FAQ.
- CHaD HEROES who are coming together to fundraise together
- Groups of friends
- A family
- School teams/groups (athletic team, organization or club team)
- Corporate teams participating as part of a company wellness initiative
- Groups of co-workers and their families (which may or may not be sponsored in some way by their employer)
- Students from the same house on campus, Greek or otherwise
We welcome team participation - having a network of HEROES to check in with can keep you motivated and help you reach your goals. If you plan to physically participate in an activity with a team this year, we ask that you please either have a team that consists of members of your household only or that you maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from your teammates. During any CHaD HERO activity, please follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control as well as your local and state guidelines.
Every team needs two things.
- Team Captain sets a team fundraising goal, rallies the team members to reach their fundraising goals and the team goal, and makes sure their teammates complete their virtual activities by CHaD HERO Day.
- Team Members are the people who join the team. They can participate in the CHaD HERO as runners, walkers, riders, hikers or volunteers. They set and work towards their own personal fundraising goal, which will automatically be included in their team's total.
Teams may rally around a particular CHaD kid who inspires them or just participate as a group of HEROES who want to work together to support CHaD.
There isn't a limit to the number of people required to form a team and team members can be any age, and do NOT have to all participate in the same way.
Teams can share training tips, fundraise together, motivate each other... be HEROES together!
- Register yourself as a team captain and create a team name.
- Customize your team page to meet your needs.
- Invite others to join your team. Team members can participate in any activity - run, walk, bike, hike, volunteer, or Virtual Quest.
- Other members can join the team by selecting the "Join a Team" option when they register and search for your team name in the search box.
- Once your team is formed, you can send out reminder emails through the HERO website. Log in and select "Send email" on the right of the page. Select your team members from your contacts list. From here you can compose customized, encouraging messages to send to your team.
- Log into the HERO site and select "Register" on the homepage.
- Click "Start a Team."
- Select the button that says to "bring back" your past team. See example here.
- Continue through the registration process. You will receive a "Thank You for Forming a Team!" confirmation email.
- Log in to your participant center and email your past teammates to ask them to join your team.
If you wish to re-join your team from last year, the team captain must have already "reactivated" it. If the team you wish to join has not been started, please register as an individual. You can join the team later from your participant center. Please note, only team captains can bring back past teams and must be logged in do so.
Q: Do all team members have to be registered to participate in the same activity (e.g. all be registered for the walk or the half marathon)?
A: No. Team members may be registered as any participant type or as volunteers.
Q: I'm not registered yet, but my friends and I want to form a team. How do we start?
A: To create a fundraising team, the team captain must select the "Start a Team" option on the registration page. Once "Start a Team" is clicked, you will be prompted to either register as a new participant or log in as a returning participant. (If you were a team captain last year, you will be asked if you want to "bring back" your 2020 team when you log in and start the registration process.) Once you make your selection, you can set up your team name and goal. You will be sent a "Thank you for forming a team!" confirmation email. You can log into your participant center and email friends and family to join your team.
Q: How do my teammates join my team?
A: Once the team is created by the team captain, other team members may join the team by selecting the "Join a Team" option on the registration page. Once "Join a Team" is clicked, you will be prompted to either register as a new participant or log in as a returning participant. Once you make your selection, you can search for the name of the team you wish to join and select to join it.
Q: I'm already registered and I didn't join or start a team when I registered, is it too late to join a team?
A: No. You may join an existing team by clicking on "Change Team Membership" in your participant center. However, you may NOT be on more than one team.
Q: How do I edit my team's fundraising goal?
A: You can only edit a team's fundraising goal if you are the team captain. When you are logged in, from your dashboard click on the "Progress" tab. Select the "Team" tab on the right (by default, the "Personal" tab is selected). Click "change" under the Team Goal total. Enter the new amount and click "Submit."
Q: How do I edit my team name?
A: You can only edit a team's name if you are the team captain. When you are logged in, select the "Team Page" tab. Click "Edit" under Team Name. Change the Team Name, then click "Update."
Still have questions? Contact CHaD HERO Headquarters at CHaDHERO@hitchcock.org.