The 16th Annual CHaD HERO will be a hybrid event. The majority of the event will take place virtually from September 19 September 26, 2021, with an in-person 5K Run planned for September 26, 2021 in Hanover, NH.*
- *Please note that the live portion of the event is contingent on CDC, state, local, Dartmouth College, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health guidelines at that time.
- Currently, for safety reasons, we are planning to do a staggered start 5K Run. When you register, you will be asked your pace per mile for a 5K, your expected finish time, and (if applicable) the name of a family member or partner who you will be running with. Any duos planning to run together must enter the same anticipated pace/finish time to ensure that you are paired together for the start.
- We plan to cap In-person 5K Run registration at 1,000 total participants. Likewise, spectating is currently discouraged.
- Day-of registration will not be available.
- You can do your classic CHaD HERO activities like run, walk, hike, bike, or complete your own Virtual Quest activity -- hike the Appalachian Trail, race across the state, do a read-a-thon, the sky's the limit! Complete your activity anytime, anywhere, from September 19-26.
- Not being tied to a specific geographic location means that you can expand your team and donor base and, ultimately, elevate your fundraising efforts for CHaD.
Registration Fees and Fundraising Minimums
Registration fees for the 2021 CHaD HERO are:
$15 per person for Youth In-person 5K Run participants (Ages 17 and under)
$30 for Adult In-person 5K Run participants (Ages 18 and over)
$10 per person for Youth Virtual Participants (Ages 17 and Under)
$20 per person for Adult Virtual Participants (Ages 18 and Over)
Registration for the 2021 CHaD HERO closes on Thursday, September 23, at 9:00 a.m. ET.
We are waiving fundraising minimums for the 2021 CHaD HERO, however fundraising is still strongly encouraged and we have a variety of fundraising incentives for participants.
What you receive with your registration:
- Access to the CHaD HERO Strava group, where you can cheer on other HERO participants and track your training progress
- A CHaD HERO sticker
- An event bib (to print at home if virtual, received in person if doing in-person 5K Run)
- The chance to win a variety of prizes!