The 16th Annual CHaD HERO will be a hybrid event. The majority of the event will take place virtually from September 19 - September 26, 2021, with an in-person 5K Run planned for September 26, 2021 in Hanover, NH.*
- *Please note that the live portion of the event is contingent on CDC, state, local, Dartmouth College, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health guidelines at that time.
- As of August 2021, we have received the green light to do a mass start 5K Run. However, we will continue to collect the information needed for a staggered start 5K Run, in the event that we need to pivot to that once again. When you register, you will be asked your pace per mile for a 5K, your expected finish time, and (if applicable) the name of a family member or partner who you will be running with. (For a staggered start 5K Run, any duos planning to run together must enter the same anticipated pace/finish time to ensure that you are paired together for the start.)
- We plan to cap In-person 5K Run registration at 1,000 total participants. Likewise, spectating is currently discouraged.
- Day-of registration will not be available.
- You can do your classic CHaD HERO activities like run, walk, hike, bike, or complete your own Virtual Quest activity -- hike the Appalachian Trail, race across the state, do a read-a-thon, the sky's the limit! Complete your activity anytime, anywhere, from September 19-26.
- Not being tied to a specific geographic location means that you can expand your team and donor base and, ultimately, elevate your fundraising efforts for CHaD.
Registration Fees and Fundraising Minimums
Registration fees for the 2021 CHaD HERO are:
$15 per person for Youth In-person 5K Run participants (Ages 17 and under)
$30 for Adult In-person 5K Run participants (Ages 18 and over)
$10 per person for Youth Virtual Participants (Ages 17 and Under)
$20 per person for Adult Virtual Participants (Ages 18 and Over)
Registration for the 2021 CHaD HERO closes on Thursday, September 23, at 9:00 a.m. ET.
We are waiving fundraising minimums for the 2021 CHaD HERO, however fundraising is still strongly encouraged and we have a variety of fundraising incentives for participants.
What you receive with your registration:
- Access to the CHaD HERO Strava group, where you can cheer on other HERO participants and track your training progress
- A CHaD HERO sticker
- An event bib (to print at home if virtual, received in person if doing in-person 5K Run)
- The chance to win a variety of prizes!
All participants should be aware of the possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19. Although the CHaD HERO event is being held as a hybrid fundraising event this year to reduce this risk, each participant should be aware that the risk of serious illness and death does exist. For this reason, in order to help protect the health, safety and welfare of all event participants and the community, Dartmouth-Hitchcock requires all participants in the CHaD HERO to comply with CDC guidance and public health authority recommendations relative to COVID-19, including mask-wearing and practicing social distancing while participating in the CHaD HERO. In addition, we ask any event participants who believe that they have been exposed to COVID-19 or who are experiencing any symptoms of illness such as a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell to consider alternative ways of demonstrating their support of CHaD and the CHaD HERO event, including making a direct cash donation to CHaD.