Alignment with Mission
CHaD's mission is to provide each child the best care, in the right place, at the right time, every time. Our physician expertise provides primary, specialty, and tertiary care to the children of New Hampshire, Vermont, and beyond. We see children for everything from well-care visits to the most complex childhood diseases. As part of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock enterprise, we are dedicated to creating a sustainable system of care and to achieving the healthiest population possible in a family-centered environment. CHaD retains the right to refuse any promotion that does not support this mission and vision which includes promotions that contain controversial subject matter, are illegal, or are counterproductive to our work as a children's hospital.
- Events must be registered with CHaD using our online Event Registration Form. Recurring events must be registered annually.
- Events should complement CHaD's image and mission. We are not able to endorse fundraisers promoting alcohol, tobacco, firearms or other activities deemed inappropriate or harmful to children alongside the CHaD brand. We discourage direct sponsorship by companies whose products are in conflict with our mission, including but not limited to alcohol and tobacco.
- CHaD must not be represented as the host of your event. It is appropriate to reference the events relationship to CHaD in the following matter, "Name of Event, benefiting Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD)."
- CHaD will not assume any legal or financial liability for third-party events. Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits, licenses, and/or insurance.
- When possible, please submit a budget with estimated revenues and expenses for your event. CHaD reserves the right to review this budget. The Better Business Bureau recommends that charities spend no more than 30% of related contributions on fundraising. CHaD will not approve an event where the fund-raising costs exceed 30% of total in-come.
- Events must comply with all federal, state and local laws governing charitable fundraising, gift reporting, and special events. Donors must be notified regarding which portion of their contribution is tax deductible, and determinations must be made based on fair market value of all tickets and/or items. Please contact CHaD with questions or for more information.
- CHaD must approve, in advance, all copy for print materials using the “CHaD” or “Hearts in Action” brand, including invitations, advertisements, press releases, and posters. Our name and logos must not be altered or shortened, other than to use the acronym "CHaD" after first referring to "Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock."
- Please notify CHaD Community Relations if you plan to contact businesses, individuals, or organizations for sponsorship proposals. Please be prepared to provide CHaD with a list of organizations that you plan to approach, so that we can be sure that they have not already been solicited for a donation by CHaD.
Support CHaD can provide:
Advice on event planning
A letter of authenticity for your event
Hearts in Action logos (use must be approved by CHaD staff)
Information about CHaD, including funding priorities
Promotion of your event on our website
An event toolkit and electronic templates
CHaD is unable to provide the following:
On-site staffing and volunteers
Funding or expense reimbursement
Advertising and promotion outside of our web page
Our tax ID number for your use
For a downloadable PDF of CHaD Hearts in Action guidelines, please click here.