Simply put, the Prouty cannot happen without the support of an incredible team of Volunteers. Each year, more than 1,100 volunteers help bring our event to life. From set up to food distribution to cheering and route support there are opportunities for all.
Volunteer Registration will open in the Spring.
- We encourage volunteers to sign up for more than one shift if you’re able (many participants also volunteer before or after their event!). The Prouty needs some helping hands the week leading up to, and a few days after the event during weekday hours. Volunteers who complete 10 hours or more of volunteer time throughout The 2024 Prouty will receive an invitation to the Volunteer Thank You Party on July 17, 2024, at the Dartmouth Outing Club (DOC) House in Hanover, NH.
- In order to volunteer independently, children must be age 14 or older and assignments will depend on the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator. Younger volunteers must be accompanied by an adult and be able to work responsibly alongside the adult so that they don’t need the full attention of the adult.
- Refreshments are provided for all volunteers.
- Most Prouty jobs are physical and may take place outside. Please dress in comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather (rain gear, if necessary) and suitable footwear (no flip-flops!). Please remember to be sun safe (sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats) and bring your own water bottle.
- Volunteers are expected to work hard and be responsible, but also to have fun! The Prouty is a celebration of our community coming together to make a difference and we want you to feel a part of it.
- A Prouty Training will be offered to ALL Prouty Volunteers this year, prior to the event. Registration and parking volunteer jobs require a specific training, but will not need to attend the general training.
- Questions - email us at Volunteer@TheProuty.org
Prouty Volunteer shift examples
The following list represents examples of some of the many volunteer jobs we need help with at The Prouty. Please spread the word to your friends who may be able to help too!
- Set-up: Help with loading boxes of supplies in and out of box trucks and setting up the gymnasium at Richmond Middle School in Hanover, NH during the two weeks leading up to The Prouty.
- Break-down: Gather all items from field into RMS gymnasium and assist with return of items from SAG stops on the day of the event. Sort, inventory, clean items and prepare and load them for storage the week after event.
- Parking: Maintain smooth flow of traffic at and around the event. Can require a certain amount of diplomacy and a thick shell.
- Cheerers: Stand at balloon arch and cheer as participants return to RMS.
- Food Tent: Assist with food set-up for and distribution to participants.
- Golf: Assist with registration of golfers or support golfers on the course at Eastman Golf Links in Grantham, NH on June 15.
- Community Walk: St. J: Help with setting up, registration, handing out food and water, or breakdown at our walk in St. J on June 15.
- Prouty Gear: Assist participants who have earned Prouty Gear Rewards as part of our fundraising incentive program for participants to raise more money for the Cancer Center.
- Route Safety: Assist participants with turns on event routes and reroute participants when routes are closed.